- 10/31/2013 | Blending New with Old for the 2013 SEMA Show
- 10/17/2013 | KICKER Cranks the Volume for Joint Car Audio Championship
- 09/17/2013 | KICKER Represented in First Major IASCA Curacao Event
- 09/11/2013 | Klock Werks Triumph Rocket III Motor Trike Sets Record
- 08/16/2013 | Champion Snocrosser Happy with his SoundGate Upgrade
- 08/07/2013 | KICKER® Audio Collaborates with Klock Werks Kustom Cycles on New Power Sports Packages
- 07/31/2013 | Last Week to Enter the Buffalo Chip Sturgis Rider Sweepstakes
- 06/21/2013 | KICKER Title Sponsor of 18th Annual Country Stampede
- 06/10/2013 | 39th Annual Mid America Ford & Team Shelby Nationals Kicks off on June 12th
- 06/07/2013 | Volcom Fiji Pro Underway
KICKER has made it easier than ever for installers and do-it-yourselfers to research frequent car-audio questions with its applications now available for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
KICKER U and KICKER U Lite are one-stop applications that help in the full design of subwoofer enclosures, assist with proper subwoofer wiring and provide KICKER subwoofer specifications. The KICKER U app is available on iTunes for $4.99. KICKER U Lite is free, and both are available for download now.
“We developed this app as an educational research tool,” KICKER software engineer Ian Oswald said. “Most (of KICKER’s) tech calls are people asking, ‘How should I build this sub box?’
“So, we created an app with accurate, helpful information that will help answer those kinds of questions.”
To download the application, the keywords ‘KICKER U’ should be entered into the iTunes search engine.
KICKER U offers a wealth of information for 12-volt audio installers and do-it-yourself types. Using the Box Builder feature, you simply enter the number of KICKER subwoofers in the application, as well as the box type and desired shape, and the application does the rest. It instantly provides a line drawing of the enclosure with the minimum and maximum dimensions that you can utilize in the project. You also have the ability to upload and save any subwoofer’s Thiele-Small Parameters to create a custom enclosure.
Another feature is the Wiring Wizard. From the simplest installations to the most complicated, the Wiring Wizard shows specific diagrams of subwoofer wiring options.
KICKER U also offers calculators for power wire, port dimensions and tuning frequencies. The free Lite version will provide the Box Builder, Power Wire Calculator, Wiring Wizard and Sub Specs, minus some of the calculators. The KICKER Sub Specs feature allows installers to research basic or the most advanced Thiele-Small Parameters on nine different KICKER subwoofer product lines and 33 models.
“As new KICKER products are introduced, we’ll include them in the apps and push out updates,” Oswald said.
The app is currently compatible only with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, and requires iOS 4.2 or later.
“We hope to start working on an application for Android phones,” Oswald said. “But for now, we will frequently update the iTunes apps.”