- 03/22/2013 | KICKER Contributes to the Moore Family Auction
- 03/14/2013 | Facebook/KickerAudio Sweepstakes Ends, Winners Crowned
- 03/08/2013 | Bike Royalty Perewitz Stops by the HQ
- 02/20/2013 | MX Team Kickin it at the Top
- 02/05/2013 | Come See Us at the XRV this Summer
- 02/04/2013 | Our Deepest Sympathies are with the Moore Family
- 01/31/2013 | Volcom Pipe Pro is Underway and Crazier than Ever
- 01/23/2013 | KICKER Athletes Ready to Heat up X Games Aspen
- 01/17/2013 | CS-Series Coaxial and 3-Way Speakers Offer Dependable Upgrades with Precise Fit
- 01/17/2013 | CS-Series Component Speakers Made to Fit in Your Ride Better Than Ever
The Tamiya Championship Series brings out masses of R/C car enthusiasts, including Abt Electronics sales associate and KICKER-sponsored driver Joey Damore. Damore, who began racing the more professional-style cars about six years ago, recently competed in the Series in Omaha, Neb., where he took home fourth place in his races of choice, the Mini and GT2 classes. Damore placed first, second and third in each of the Mini qualifiers.
"This class was made up of over forty entries in itself and is one of my personal favorites," Damore said. "The racing is very close and very exciting. It all comes down to who can drive their car the best."
The Series in Omaha, which went down Feb. 21 and 22, not only allowed Damore to fine-tune his R/C driving skills, but also display his KICKER-tricked cars and pit setup. This included pennants, mats and an iK150 iPod dock that blasted killer tunes all weekend long. Damore and his fellow Chicagoans became aptly known as the "KICKER Crew."
After mods, these amazing cars themselves are worth around the $1,000 range and reach speeds in access of 60 miles per hour. Damore will be ready for more R/C action this month when he competes at the Championship Series in Milwaukee. Stop by Abt Electronics in Glenview, Ill., to check out some of Joey’s cars.